Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipes to be Thankful for
Are you ready for the holidays? Thanksgiving is coming up and that means big meals and stuffed bellies. This year, Dare to Be Different is thankful for the opportunity to leave nobody left behind in the Thanksgiving festivities. With our new product, Cauliflower Crumbs, everybody at the table, regardless of dietary restrictions, can enjoy classic Thanksgiving foods with a healthy and delicious twist!
A Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Ingredient
Our breadcrumb substitute is made from vegetables so you can enjoy your favorite crispy Thanksgiving dishes gluten-free and 100% Kosher. Cauliflower offers various health benefits that you won’t get from grain. Up your intake of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, antioxidants, and plenty of fiber just by adding some extra cauliflower into your meal planning.
Dare to Be Different Cauliflower Crumbs come in three varieties, each containing only 95 calories per serving. In addition to being 100% gluten-free (and made in a gluten-free facility) they are also kosher and keto-friendly, so everybody is invited to the table!
With the amount of time and work that goes into preparing the perfect feast, it’s important that everyone gets a full plate. Our Classic, Chili Lime, and Italian Cauliflower Crumbs will transform your Thanksgiving into an unforgettable, gluten-free experience.
Looking for a little inspiration to make your gluten-free Thanksgiving the best yet? No problem! We’ve pulled together three recipes to try that will leave you feeling thankful for a delicious and inclusive meal.
Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Cauliflower Crumbs
Who doesn’t love the creaminess of mashed potatoes? It makes a great side dish at any meal, especially Thanksgiving when you can smother it in gravy. While not originally available in 17th-century Plymouth, mashed potatoes have become an integral part of the modern holiday.Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dare to Be Different Cauliflower Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water for about 15 minutes, until they are very tender. Drain; return the potatoes to the same pot and mash well. Mix in the milk and melted butter. Mix in the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking dish. Stir the Dare to Be Different Cauliflower Crumbs and the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the Cauliflower Crumbs mixture over the mashed potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, until the topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Baked Mashed Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Casserole
Another classic Thanksgiving dish, sweet potato casserole is sure to be a hit with the family. Adding Cauliflower Crumbs will only elevate your casserole by giving it a crunchy coating.
While commonly mixed up, yams and sweet potatoes are different in both taste and appearance. No matter which one you choose, you’re sure to have a delicious casserole.
- 4 pounds Sweet Potatoes Or Yams
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Cut Into Small Pieces
- 1/4 cup Low-fat (1%) Milk
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Paprika, Divided
- 3/4 cup Dare to Be Different Cauliflower Crumbs
- 1/3 cup Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Minced Fresh Sage
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Pierce the skin of your sweet potatoes or yams with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook until tender for 15–20 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Let the potatoes cool for several minutes. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out flesh into a large bowl.
- Add butter, milk, maple syrup and 1 teaspoon paprika to the potatoes. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth. Transfer potatoes to a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine Cauliflower Crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage, remaining paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle Cauliflower Crumbs over sweet potatoes.
- Bake until casserole is heated through and Cauliflower Crumbs are browned, about 15 minutes. Serve.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Mac and cheese is the epitome of comfort food. Its creaminess and cheesiness make it a perfect Thanksgiving plate. Get your gluten-free noodles of choice, like our Cauliflower Gnocchi, and you’ll be ready to cook an all-star meal that’s perfect for your gluten-free Thanksgiving.
With this recipe made from Dare to Be Different favorites, everyone is going to be in line for seconds!
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 cup Dare to Be Different Cauliflower Crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the macaroni: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a casserole dish.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the salt and macaroni. Bring the water back to a boil and cook the macaroni until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- For the cheese sauce: Meanwhile, melt the butter in a 1-quart saucepan. Using a wire whisk, stir in the flour and salt, stirring and cooking over medium heat until the roux bubbles and the flour turns pale brown, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of the milk and then whisk in the remaining 1 cup milk. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Add the cheese and stir until it melts. Add the drained macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix thoroughly.
- For the topping: In a small bowl, stir the Cauliflower Crumbs with the butter until they are moistened.
- Transfer the macaroni and cheese to the prepared baking dish and top with the buttered Cauliflower Crumbs. Bake until the dish bubbles around the edges, about 15 minutes.
Celebrate a Healthier and Tastier Gluten-Free Thanksgiving
Ready to prepare your gluten-free Thanksgiving? Head on over to our online store to stock up on delicious Cauliflower Crumbs!