Keto-Friendly Recipes to Start Making in the New Year
New year means new you, right? We all make new plans, promises, and, of course, resolutions as we go into a new year with a different mindset. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of us actually keep our resolutions.
That’s alright, though, because sticking to a life-changing goal can be hard, especially when that goal is to be healthier. In fact, some of the most popular resolutions people make are to exercise more and lose weight. Doing so, however, may require changing your eating habits.
If you’re looking to improve your overall health, switching to a keto diet may be exactly what you’re looking for.
What is a Keto Diet?
You have probably already heard of keto-friendly recipes, but you may be wondering what switching to a keto diet means? Keto diet is short for ketogenic diet, which means lowering your intake of carbs but taking in a high amount of fats. This type of diet has various health benefits, such as helping you lose weight and potentially helping to prevent diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease.
By cutting down on carbohydrates and replacing them with fats, you put your body into the metabolic state of ketosis. What this means is that your body will burn the fats—breaking them down into ketones—for energy.
Get Started with these Keto-Friendly Recipes
The hardest part about changing your eating habits is restricting yourself to certain foods and cutting everything else out. You may find, however, that a keto diet will allow you to keep eating many of the foods you already enjoy. For example, some of the best keto-friendly foods to incorporate into your new diet include meat and poultry, eggs, and even cheese.
Unsure how to start preparing meals for a keto diet? Here are a few keto-friendly recipes we pulled to help you kick off the year of eating healthier.
Keto-Friendly Breaded Chicken
Chicken is a staple for any keto diet as it contains no carbs. Our Cauliflower Crumbs are not only keto-friendly and gluten-free, but they are also low in calories. Each of our three varieties contain only 95 calories per serving. Try our Italian and Chili Lime Cauliflower Crumbs to elevate the star of your meal.
- 3 large eggs
- Coarse salt
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 3 1/2 cups D2BD Cauliflower Crumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- In a dish, whisk eggs with teaspoon salt; let stand for 5 minutes. In another dish, season flour with 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a third dish, season Cauliflower Crumbs with 1 teaspoon salt.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or other heavy deep skillet, heat oil over medium. Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with paper towels. Coat in almond flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg (letting excess drip off). Dredge in Cauliflower Crumbs, turning twice and patting to adhere.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Working in batches, add chicken to skillet; cook, gently shaking skillet occasionally, until chicken is browned, about 4 minutes. Turn with tongs; cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes more. Drain chicken; season with salt.
Keto-Friendly Macaroni and Cheese
We all want a nice and quick side dish to go with our chicken. What better pairing than the king of comfort food, mac and cheese! Using our Cauliflower or Broccoli gnocchi, you can enjoy a delicious twist on the classic pasta.
- D2BD Gnocchi
- Heavy cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Start by cooking the gnocchi in boiling water. While it’s cooking, add the heavy cream into a small saucepan and place it over medium heat. Once the cream begins to bubble, reduce it to low and stir through the cheese. Let the cheese melt into the warm cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Once the Gnocchi has cooked, drain it and add it to the creamy cheese sauce and mix until completely combined.
Shallot, Mozzarella, and Pesto Broccoli Crust Pizza
One of our favorite keto-friendly recipes is Shallot, Mozzarella, and Pesto Broccoli Crust Pizza. It’s a great way to enjoy the taste of pizza that you know and love in a healthier and guilt-free way. Get your full helping of vegetables with this recipe for a strong start to the new year.
- 1 package Dare To Be Different Broccoli Pizza Crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons store bought pesto
- Salt & Pepper
- Bake Broccoli Pizza Crust at 400°F for 10 minutes, or until 3⁄4 of the way cooked.
- In a saute pan, heat oil and add sliced shallots. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until translucent. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle par-baked broccoli crust with mozzarella cheese, sauteed shallots and a few spoons of pesto.
- Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Dare to Be Different Helps you Keep your Keto-Friendly Resolution
Are you ready to kick off the new year with a switch to a keto diet? Stock up on your favorite Dare to Be Different products available on our online store for a resolution you won’t break!