Recipes for a Romantic Dinner
Valentine’s Day is a time of year to celebrate relationships and love. The holiday’s history is an interesting one; two saints named Valentine became martyrs for their heroic acts. One would perform illegal marriages while the other would preach Christianity during the Roman Empire’s rule.
The reason it is celebrated on February 14 is because it comes from a Roman holiday that was celebrated every year to honor the goddess of marriage, Juno. The Romans honored her with a feast to celebrate health and fertility.
The theme of love and food has carried on ever since, but now we celebrate Valentine’s Day with chocolate, flowers, and time spent with our significant others.
There is no better way to show someone how much you care about them than with a romantic, candlelit dinner with delicious food. After all, the way to a person’s heart is through their stomach.
To help you prepare for an unforgettable kosher date night, we pulled some recipes you should try that will not only fill your stomach, but your heart too.
Vegetable Pizza with Spicy Mayo for Your Kosher Date Night
Who doesn’t love a hot slice of pizza? With Dare to Be Different Cauliflower Crisps, you can enjoy that delicious taste you enjoy with a healthy and guilt-free twist. You can also shake things up with our Jalapeño, Everything, or Broccoli Crisps.
What’s fun about pizza is that you can decorate it however you want. May we suggest cutting the crisps into the shape of a heart? If you’re unsure about what toppings to pick, here’s our recipe for Vegetable Pizza with Spicy Mayo that you can make the star of your kosher date night.
- 1 package Dare To Be Different Grain Free Cauliflower Crusts
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup canned beets, cubed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ - 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Begin with cooking 2 cauliflower crusts according to package directions.
- While the crusts bake, sautee halved cherry tomatoes & green peppers in oil over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- After the pizza partially cooks, remove from the oven. Top the crusts with sauce, the sauteed tomatoes & peppers, chickpeas & beets. Bake pizzas for an additional 6-10 minutes.
- Once pizzas are baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spicy mayo by mixing together mayo and sriracha. Add more or less sriracha depending on your preferred spice level.
- Drizzle spicy mayo over each pizza. Enjoy!
Kosher Baked Turkey Meatballs
Another contender for an entree at your kosher date night is baked turkey meatballs. Using our newest product, Cauliflower Crumbs. Our breadcrumb substitute is not only kosher, but gluten-free and keto-friendly too!
If you’re looking for an additional twist to your turkey meatballs, try our Chili Lime and Italian Cauliflower Crumbs.
- 1 and 3/4 pounds turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup D2BD Cauliflower Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine ground turkey with eggs, cauliflower crumbs, and spices.
- Shape into golf- ball-sized balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Cauliflower Gnocchi with Soy-Maple Glazed Salmon & Asparagus
Are you and your sweetheart living a keto lifestyle and trying to keep kosher? We have just the dish for you! For your kosher date night for Valentine’s Day, we have our cauliflower gnocchi with soy-maple glazed salmon and asparagus recipe for you to try.
By substituting in a keto-friendly maple syrup, you might fall in love with this meal.
- 2 salmon filets (about 5 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup keto-friendly maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Dare To Be Different Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Grease with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, maple syrup and garlic cloves.
- Place the salmon pieces onto the prepared pan and pour over the soy-maple glaze.
- Place the asparagus onto the other side of the salmon pan. Drizzle the asparagus with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes.
- While the salmon bakes, prepare the gnocchi according to package directions.
- Once gnocchi is boiled & drained, place into a pan with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes until lightly crisp.
- Serve each piece of salmon with a side of asparagus and gnocchi. Enjoy!
We hope you’re feeling inspired to start prepping for a delicious kosher date night that you and your sweetheart will never forget.
Celebrate love every day with your favorite Dare to Be Different products, available on our online store!